How Are You Voting?
One week from today, all states will be holding elections. In addition to having your opportunity to select your favorite candidate, there are some ballot issues to be considered.
- Vote for character, not color. Physical qualities should be irrelevant. When the office holders vote, they vote with their heads, not their skin.
- Vote for the person who best adheres to the 10 Commandments. Candidates need to understand accountability before God as well as people. The candidate’s integrity is more important than any other qualification. If candidates understand that we are “one nation under God”, then their understanding of economics and spending priorities will fall in line. On the other hand, if you are supporting someone who believes in unbiblical fiscal methodology, you may have a candidate who does not understand God’s principles.
- You will be held accountable on Judgment Day for how you spent each one of your votes. Voting stewardship is just as important as financial stewardship.
- As far as the judges go, they will nearly always win and rarely give us any information about their jurisprudence. Instead of feeling like your vote makes no difference, I always vote for the one I know adheres to the law, but refrain from voting for those on which I know nothing. I don’t want to be responsible for helping to give anyone an office who legislates from the bench instead of following Constitutional imperatives.
If you want my analysis of the amendments, you can click here:
Tonight on Home Front, we will visit with Doug Enyart. Doug Enyart is not to be confused with Bill Enyart, who is running for Congress in Illinois. They don’t even know each other. Bill is politically very different from Doug, so if you have seen any of those horrible commercials on TV, please do not worry. Join us at 7:00 pm Central Time for our LIVE show.
If you have any questions or opinions on the election coming up, I would be happy to hear from you. Please offer me your wisdom here:
WHAT YOU CAN DO…
1. Inform yourself by listening to our podcast tonight at 7:00. You can even call in if you have a question. After tonight, you can listen to our podcast anytime, any day, whenever you have access to the internet.
2. Help us communicate. Any contribution will be used to help further our research to inform others. You can mail a check to Cynthia Davis; 1008 Highway K; O’Fallon, Missouri 63366.
THIS WEEK ON HOME FRONT…
Listen to Home Front On-Demand, Anytime-Anywhere
Home Front is also part of the Missouri Grassroots Radio lineup of pod-casts and can be heard live most Tuesday evenings at 8:00 pm Central Time, at www.blogtalkradio.com/missourigrassrootsradio