Memorial Day At the Veteran’s Walk in O’Fallon
When I was in city government, we acquired land for a new I-70 interchange project. Instead of leaving the remnant to go to waste, we decided to build a memorial for the veterans. People from all over come to O’Fallon to see our memorial.
This Memorial Day, we honored those who served our country by participating in the ceremony in O’Fallon.
It is fitting for us to spend some time on Memorial Day to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice to fight tyranny.
My dad is a veteran of both World War II and the Korean War. If you know a veteran, you can honor him by making a nice dinner for him after the ceremony.
This video always inspires me because it contains some of the stories of how God intervened in actual war situations:
Your thoughts are important to me, so please share what you think here:
Mail to Cynthia
A Little Bit of Humor…
Reasons to Enlist in the Military
1. WWWDWOA? (what would we do without acronyms?)
2. Taking simple daily tasks and breaking them down into nuclear physics before doing them.
3. Being a personal servant to any one of the 300 thousand people in the military who out-rank me.
4. Being an adult and having somebody inspect me everyday to make sure I put my clothes on properly, and put my shoes on the right feet.
5. I love cleaning the same places over and over and over until either the paint comes off or my hands are bleeding.
6. You do not have to respect the person, you have to respect what they wear on their collar or sleeve.
7. I love the ” you are U.S. ambassadors” speech.
8. Oh, look…There’s the boss. We better all stand at attention until he tells us we can move. Do they do that in the civilian world too?
9. Is that local time or Zulu?
10. Where else can you pay taxes to pay your own paycheck?
11. You take an oath to support and defend the Constitution, and after that the Constitution doesn’t even apply to you.
12. Because only during magic shows and military working hours are the rules of logic suspended.
13. Where else can you get given shots by people who claim to practice medicine that didn’t even graduate from high school, and can’t even pronounce the name of the drug that they are injecting you with?
14. Why did our parents even bother giving us first names?